Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The Blue Lagoon

About the only neat place I have visited in Iceland so far has been the Blue Lagoon. We went there a few weekends ago with Blue and his family. David has been able to see way more of Iceland because of his job. Him and another guy he works with do this show called "On the Rocks" where they travel to places in Iceland you may want to visit while you are here and then they air on TV. We weren't able to see to much when we got here because we were with out a car for so long, so we are hoping to see a lot more this year.
Don't think I took these pictures and be impressed with me. We didn't even bring a camera because I am sure it would have gotten wet some how. I just thought it would be neat if you got to see what it looked like. It is hard to explain with out pictures, but basically it is like a big hot tub with black sand on the bottom. Also, it has salt water. They say the water has a postive effect of your skin and it "promotes harmony between body, mind and spirt and enables one to soak away the stresses of modern life."
It was a new experience for me to go there just because you have to shower before you go to the lagoon. I was nervous for like a week before. I was thinking open showers everywhere, but thankgoodness they do have a few private showers. But still after you don't have a changing room, so there were ladies just walking around naked. You don't know where to look sometimes. Ofcourse David was telling me this would be good for me...but I am still trying to figure that one out!

The day we went it was a little too windy for us, so we tried to stay by the rocks to block the wind and that is where the water seemed the warmest. Also, there was a lot of people there because it was during the Christmas/New Years break so this was the hot spot to go visit.

I am sure we will go back since it is only about a 15 minute drive from the base.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home