Tuesday, January 17, 2006

New Jeep

As many of you all ready know we sold the Jetta in October to get a 4x4 vechicle. David really wants to do alot of off roading here in Iceland, so it was best that we got one. David did many hours of research on what he wanted in the new car...I basically wanted something that looked cute. We had to buy the car from New Car Sales. That is the military car dealer ship. It is right on base and they give you a deal on your car, but basically you get to choose from a Jeep, Ford or Chevy.


We decided on 2006 Jeep Liberty 4x4 Renegade and we are very happy with it! We got very lucky because we had never seen it before or had never driven one before. I just drove it in the snow yesterday and I loved having the 4-wheel drive.
I am sure this doesn't look like a beach, but it is. This the beach where David was the extra in the movie "Flags of our Fathers." For you who don't know he got to play a soldier in this Clint Eastwood Film. They had casting calls at the base and he got called back, so hopefully we will be able to see him when the movie comes out this summer.

This weekend we met a new family who just few into Iceland. I am sure we will become great friend with them. There names are Sarah, Kevin and they have a 2 year - old Atticus. Kevin will work with David at AFN. Hopefully soon I can get some pictures up of our friends so you know who I am talking about.

Be in the Minnesota in 5 days!!!

Please pass my blog address onto anyone who you think would be interested on knowing how we are doing....thanks!