Monday, August 25, 2008

Night Awakenings

Branden has been waking up a lot at night lately because of his teeth I am guessing. It has been so hard on me because once he gets up he wants to stay up forever. I try to let him cry a little before I go running in there, but before long he is standing up shaking on the crib screaming for me and I don't want to wake David because he has to work in the morning so I don't want Branden to cry too long, but of course David is already up from the crying. Last night Branden had actually leaked through his diaper and was all wet, but once I got him changed he still wouldn't go back to bed. I even tried letting him lay in the bed with me, that only lasted a few minutes before he was crying again. I hate giving him milk at night now to help him go back to sleep, but now when he wakes up he starts saying "yum, yum" and then he wants a cracker after his milk. And then he wants his gaint stuffed animal cat "Shadow." It starts to get a little crazy. Because he was falling asleep while I rocked him I tried to put him in his crib, but every time I would try he would cry. After being up with him for almost 2 hours I finally just put him in his crib to cry it out. Its wierd because he has no problem going down to bed at his bed time or at nap time. I just lay him in there and he will fall asleep on his own. But when I try that in the middle of the night he screams bloody murder! After letting him scream for 20 minutes I finally went back in there and got him. I brought him into the spare bedroom and him and I were up for another hour and some. We were up for almost 4 hours lastnight, I couldn't believe it! So today I am pretty tired. Its like you finally get your baby on a sleep schedule and then they start teething and those teeth ruin everything!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home